 Pirates / 1460
Re: (Non-LEGO) Recommendation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:03:32 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...

I saw the Endeavour when I was in Australia. Fun ship. Hard to believe they
sailed around the world in it. Richard Parsons, David Low and myself have
some snaps of it amid Sydneyside sights.

I took pics while it was here too... the funniest one being when she was
tied up to one of the gas barges in Vancouver Harbour, taking on fuel. Talk
about an anachronism!

(it's docked among all the Sea Scout boats and small ships, Sea Scouts must
be a UK phenom, we don't have these in the US)

Sea scouts are in Canada too... my SO was one as a youth, and they went on
some pretty major trips up and down the coast in open boats (oar and sail).
He also fell off a cliff during one trip, which is a whole nother story.

Kevin