 Pirates / 1458
Re: (Non-LEGO) Recommendation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:16:44 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kevin Wilson writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote in message ...
  .  Isn't there
  also a replica _Endeavour_ out and about Londonwise?

I don't know about London-area, but the Endeavour replica was here in
Vancouver this spring and next stop was Australia (the ship is Australian).
We went on the tour and she's a really beautiful job - they also take
passengers (for a price). What a trip that would be! Unfortunately they
wouldn't let me climb up to the tops :-(.

   I didn't know the _Endeavour_ replica was Australian, but I
   do remember it being in England for a while--probably, like
   the _Half Moon_ and _Mayflower_, just visiting.  (The neo-_Half
   Moon_ was built by the Dutch, and I'm pretty sure the
   new _Mayflower_ was built in the US.)  But I did hear that
   the _Endeavour_ was put into OpSail 2000.

   BTW, I was really intrigued by those sites whose URLs Richard
   posted--the first one I clicked on was the Warrior restoration
   paper, a very nice treat indeed!  I treed out from there to see
   the _Olympia_ preservation stuff, and some of the issues of
   repairing and maintaining all sorts of 19th-C. warships.  Neat!

   best

   Lindsay