Re: TL6 Brikwars Game (Results)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:22:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:
For all of those who couldn't make it to this brikwars event, I figured I'd
right a little recap.

The game got off to a rocky start when we sadly realized that Jorge wasn't
coming.  I have a feeling that the aliens he was supposed to bring turned on
him.  Seriously though, I hope nothing major happened to Jorge to prevent
his arrival.  Jorge, please let me know what happened, I'm worried. :-(

If a horde of thousands minifig scale Alien drones had attacked me, my
Sunday would have been less painful than it really was. For those of you who
don't know, I'm a System Admin in a 7x24 production data center. In a
wonderful display of Dilbert's Manager management skills, my company decided
to pink slip two out of the three system admin, leaving me alone. Me, the
one that barely speaks English, and the one that works with all OS's we have
but is master of none.

I had a maintenance window on Saturday evening, so I got to the office at
6:00 PM. What was supposed to be a 6 hours affair, turned into a 24 hours
non-stop nightmare, filled with Release notes, CD's, phone calls and
Caffeine (Coke+ coffee *can* keep a bear from hibernating). I got back home
at 7:30 PM on Sunday.

I looked for Jonathan phone number in the email he sent (lucky that I had a
printed copy of the directions in my car, unlucky the number is not there)
to call and let everyone know that I was out of the game. :(

My modules were sitting in my Lego room gathering dust :( :(

My Alien Queen died of hunger :( :( :(

I didn't get to play. :( :( :( :(

I didn't get to see Lindsay's ship up close and personal :( :( :( :( :(

I'm very sorry I couldn't make it, I'm sure you missed my modules and the
Aliens, but I hope you had a great time and are still celebrating that I
didn't make it ;)

Hope to see you all at the next meeting.