Re: TL6 Brikwars Game (Results)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:33:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:

Since Jorge was bringing the aliens and a few modules, we had to improvise
some of the games objectives.  The ducts, instead of being controlled by
aliens ended up being the home of cowaring Coalition troopers.  The Queen
instead of having a her nest, we still growing inside an organic kevlar
monkey.  Which apparently has a taste for Guiness.

THIS IS PERFECT!  The fact that the alien was *inside* the monkey never came
out to the players during the course of the game, because we didn't get to the
map.  This would have been fantastic, though!  In order to get it, troopers
would have had to go to the monkey ... who was entranced by the Pre-Kegs!
Anybody wanting to get the Monkey would have to get close to the Pre-Kegs,
quite possibly falling under their influence ... eventually there could have
been saturation, where enough troops were in the saloon that on any turn some
would have their durations expire.  And would have to be reinfluenced.  Add on
to that that most anybody who was then un-influenced after having been imbibing
would have to roll on the Stupidity table, and the KerStagger table ... it
could have been a hilarious fiasco!  Precious!  I love it!

[snipped great synopsis]

For those who were there, I would love to here your accounts of the game.

I just finished a huge write-up of the game (5 MS Word pages, single spaced),
which I will post this evening.  I've only finished resizing about 1/3 of my
pictures so far, and that's the hold-up.  I'll finish those this evening, and
get the whole kit-and-kaboodle online (with deep links for immediate
gratification).

-s