Re: TL6 Brikwars Game (Results)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 04:59:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

For all of those who couldn't make it to this brikwars event, I figured I'd
right a little recap.

The game got off to a rocky start when we sadly realized that Jorge wasn't
coming.  I have a feeling that the aliens he was supposed to bring turned on
him.  Seriously though, I hope nothing major happened to Jorge to prevent
his arrival.  Jorge, please let me know what happened, I'm worried. :-(

Since Jorge was bringing the aliens and a few modules, we had to improvise
some of the games objectives.  The ducts, instead of being controlled by
aliens ended up being the home of cowaring Coalition troopers.  The Queen
instead of having a her nest, we still growing inside an organic kevlar
monkey.  Which apparently has a taste for Guiness.

All in all, I think the game was fairly evenly matched and the space ship's
layout kept things from being to one sided.

Todd ended up spending the entire day taking photos of Lindsay's Cruiser so
I'm waiting to see the pictures that come out of that.

I had fun and I think the rest of us enjoyed ourselves.

With that said, now it is time for the juicy part, who died and how.

1st:  Apparently, I have a death wish, since, as usual, I was the 1st to
lose a trooper.  Destroyer Droid 11489 had a computer crash in the midst of
battle and ended up missing 5 of his 6 shots.  The Faction's Mech and a
trooper with a death gun then took advantage of the droids reboot cycle and
destroyed him with combined fire creating a wonderful bon-fire.  Last time I
spend 47cp on a mech with a Microsoft computer brain.

2nd:  Guess who.  Yes I also claimed second place when Luke, one of my
scouts, got entranced by a Psi-keg.  I think I will let Shaun explain this
little quirk he invented for the game.  So as the scout was mindlessly
walking up the stairs to the bar for a cold one, Dave's hero came over and
vaporized him.  It is the only way I can describe what wasn't left of his
body afterwards.  I didn't even find the dog tags.

3rd/4th:  Nope, wasn't me, because I was hiding.  As Tom's troops opened the
door to attack the Factions mech, an explosive round landed right between
the two troopers.  The two troopers only had enough time to say a few
profanities before being blown up.  A third trooper, acting as back up, was
also wounded in the blast.

5th:  With the door now open, the Factions were able to fire a second
explosive round through three doorways for a total of 16" to create an
explosion next to Conner, my Hero.  Even though I was almost completely out
of sight from the enemy they still managed to do enough damage to blow up a
hero costing 42cp.  Beta team was shaken by the lose of there leader and ran
into the air ducts to cowe..... find a way around the enemy.  Yeah that's
what we were doing, finding a way around the enemy.

6th:  A Faction android finally goes boom.  Granted he did teleport into a
swarm of ten Coalition troopers.  After scattering like the wind, Tom's
troopers easily finished him off with a plasma gun turning the bridge into a
firey mess.

7th:  Guess who again?  Amazons weren't meant to crawl in ducts.  After
crawling around a corner, Elean saw Dave's hero coming up an access shaft.
She quickly threw her grenade at him.  Her aim was perfect, as usual,
causing the grenade to land just in front of him, but after the blast,
Dave's hero just shrugged it off.  Elean said her prayer to her Amazon god
as Dave's bullets pierced though her heavy armor plating.

8th:  I believe was one of Tom's troopers, but at this point most of my
troopers were crawling around the ducts.

I'll let someone else finish this off.  I do remember a huge blast when
Shaun's troops finally joined in the fight.  He blew a hole in the wall with
his blast.

I would also like to add that one of Dave's troops spent the entire game
sitting in a bar drinking guiness.  Just to make matters sillier, he was
about to be joined by a thirsty monkey, but we ran out of time.

For those who were there, I would love to here your accounts of the game.

Jonathan D.
see my troops: http://geocities.com/ilikeitgui/brikwars/Brikwarriors.html