 Marketplace / Shopping / 12662
Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 02:25:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Clifton D. Chambers wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Karl Paulsen wrote:
   Anyone had any experiences with these?
I am aware of the new PAB green tubs, but like most I am waiting for a better selection of PAB. I was told that for those of us who are “good at packing the cups” will make out like bandits with the new tubs. The new tubs are available at the Potomac Mills LEGO outlet and the Tyson’s Corner store as well.
Not having the luxury of being at many pick-a-bricks in my lifetime.... I may be mistaken... BUT I was under the impression that “packing” or “stacking” cups was forbidden. Do they not have some signs in that regard? Or was that just an indulging-too-much-at-a-fest hallucination? Or is this just something staff overlooks? Im all for “when in Rome”... I just don’t want to get publicly spanked, for something like Lego insatiability.

Janey, you live too close the the only store I know of that does frown on PAB stacking: http://www.bricksandblocksoutlet.com/ They post a no-stacking policy above their PAB tree:

At least it was there when I last visited the store 3 years ago: http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=11693

For Brand Retail PAB, the rule about the lid snapping into place depends on who is on duty that day. The managers are definitly more picky about what is allowable. I have seen some cups where the lid did not touch the cup and it was concidered acceptable. Sometimes I put the lid on so it did snap and was told it was not full yet by certain staff. Other staff will tell you to take parts out until the lid does snap. It helps to go in on a regular basis and get to know the staff and get to know who lets you get away with the most. This is from experience of living within 30 minutes of 3 brand retail stores and traveling across country to visit over a dozen more. Unfortunately, I now live over 4 hours from the closest PAB.

Orlando, Florida does not have the tubs or I would have filled at least one of those this weekend. The lady in charge of the PAB wall did not even know they existed the first time I went in.

Doug