 Marketplace / Shopping / 12695
Re: Anyone seen/bought a PAB Tub?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:41:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jordan Bradford wrote:
Being cost effective means considering not just the money, but the time and
effort. I really don't think your three hours was worth it.

This got me to thinking, so I ran some numbers (note that math is not my strong
point, and I estimated a lot).

A 2x4 brick at the online PAB is $0.16.  Adding 3 sets of 999 (for close to the
3,000 parts that someone quoted) 2x4 bricks shows me a total of about $480, plus
$25 for shipping.  Total order, $505.

Assuming I can fit the same number of bricks in a tub for $110 (to cover tax),
it seems like a pretty good deal.  Then figure labor time.  At $8 an hour for
three hours, I've got another $24.  Then there is driving time.  My nearest PAB
is three hours away, so I'd have six hours of driving time, again figured at $8
an hour.  Now I'm up to $182.  It also take me two tanks of gas to get to the
store and back.  About $30 each.  The additional $60 brings me up to $242.

It still looks like a pretty good deal, even with my really really rough
estimated numbers.  Plus, I'd get a handy storage tub.

Of course, I don't have the patience to pack bricks for three hours.  I can't
even pack a small PAB cup without beginning to lose my mind.

-Elroy