 Marketplace / Shopping / 12666
Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 16:53:44 GMT

Doug Eaton wrote:
For Brand Retail PAB, the rule about the lid snapping into place
depends on who is on duty that day.  The managers are definitly more
picky about what is allowable.  I have seen some cups where the lid
did not touch the cup and it was concidered acceptable.  Sometimes I
put the lid on so it did snap and was told it was not full yet by
certain staff.  Other staff will tell you to take parts out until the
lid does snap.  It helps to go in on a regular basis and get to know
the staff and get to know who lets you get away with the most.  This
is from experience of living within 30 minutes of 3 brand retail
stores and traveling across country to visit over a dozen more.
Unfortunately, I now live over 4 hours from the closest PAB.

Not sure if it's changed recently, but at our brand retail store in Portland
Oregon, the manager won't let you out of the store if your PAB cup lid
touches the rim of the cup, let alone snaps shut! Well, he's not quite that
millitant, but he's told people to go back to the wall and add a few more
pieces. He'll also demonstrate how to BUILD something to fill the stud in
the lid. The guidline seems to be that about a pinky's width gap or so
between lid and rim of cup is acceptable. Oh, and if your cup starts leaking
pieces, they've often quickly taped the loose pieces in or otherwise made
sure you didn't loose any of your hard won LEGO.

They will usually pack your cup in a small bag, and tape that shut, to make
sure nothing leaks out when the lid invariably comes loose.

Frank