 Marketplace / Shopping / 12659
  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) Not having the luxury of being at many pick-a-bricks in my lifetime.... I may be mistaken... BUT I was under the impression that "packing" or "stacking" cups was forbidden. Do they not have some signs in that regard? Or was that just an (...) (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) Grrrs@Lugnet I am willing to take that spanking for replying to my own post. Can someone correct the long term glitch in the formatting so the "thing" that happened with my last post never strikes again? Janey "Trying to kill the geek within, (...) (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) It sounds as though they *do* frown on it: (URL) (as BrickLink forum posts fade away after six months): "...Today we raided the Glendale Ca. Lego store. My wife is unhappy with the manager there. We spent an hour and a half in the unpleasantly (...) (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) *** SPANK *** (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) OMG(oodness) in today's episode of "How the Lugnet Turns", the character of Troy will be played by Rosco. Tune in next week, when we solve the glitches in formatting and world peace. Janey "Rather Purple, Red Brick" (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) In probably varies from store to store, and with the individual situation. I was in Denver not too long ago, and stopped at the Lego store. Three PAB cups in two visits- nobody cared that I was taking my time. I didn't stack the parts, I (...) (17 years ago, 30-May-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) Janey, you live too close the the only store I know of that does frown on PAB stacking: (URL) They post a no-stacking policy above their PAB tree: (URL) At least it was there when I last visited the store 3 years ago: (URL) For Brand Retail (...) (17 years ago, 30-May-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) The one time I've bought from PAB, I did manage to get both cups (one of each size) shut to where the lids would stay snapped in place, even after going so far as to stack a small pile in the center to fill the stud. They taped both of them (...) (17 years ago, 30-May-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) LOL, Doug, wow, that sure does look familiar... you may have solved the mystery of why I thought that was a rule. Silly me, right in my own back yard too. Janey "Red Brick" (17 years ago, 30-May-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) (snip) Perks! @ spankings. wow - talk like that could almost make you pass out. now where did i put that strap? Dont ever forget i can me MORE crass, and even though I am without internet, i DO have ways to go on line. lets hope this library (...) (17 years ago, 30-May-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) I had a large cup fall to the ground while the employee was taping it shut. Yes, the pieces flew everywhere. Fortunately, they didn't make me pack the cup again... :) -Bryan (17 years ago, 30-May-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) Not sure if it's changed recently, but at our brand retail store in Portland Oregon, the manager won't let you out of the store if your PAB cup lid touches the rim of the cup, let alone snaps shut! Well, he's not quite that millitant, but he's (...) (17 years ago, 30-May-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) Wow! I'll be stopping by the Portland store on my vacation this summer, and I will be glad of that service. Here in Chicago they don't insist on filling, but they never object to stacking. My tops rarely close completely, and no one ever says (...) (17 years ago, 30-May-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) all the stores I've been to (the Chicago, IL and Ontario, CA stores, as well as the Downtown Disney store in Anaheim, CA) have allowed (or even encouraged) stacking. I imagine it depends a bit on who is working the cash registers, or what the (...) (17 years ago, 30-May-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) - snip - (...) Yesterday I bought a green PAB tub from the Portland store, and having seen this thread, decided to do a pseudo-scientific process of it. So I kept track of how long it took to pack and then tested to see the volume, count, (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/bought a PAB Tub?

Here's my experience with a PAB tub at the Bellevue, WA store: Time to pack: 2.75 hours. This included chatting with Neil, Gordon, Soren, and Jon Tatman (because it's not a real visit to the Bellevue store if you don't run into Jon there. . .). My (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/baught a PAB Tub?

(...) About two years ago TLC ran an article in a in-house publication marveling at how we all manage to get upwards of 165 2x4 bricks in a large cup and reviewing various customer efforts to get the maximum. -Ted (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/bought a PAB Tub?

Both of you spent almost three hours filling your green tubs. Then, to be able to actually use the pieces you carefully packed, you had to disassemble them all once you got them home. Being cost effective means considering not just the money, but (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/bought a PAB Tub?

(...) That's only true if they were spending their time dealing with the PaB tubs when they would have otherwise been performing work that had monetary value. If they would have spent the time sitting on their butts watching TV, then they've lost (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/bought a PAB Tub?

(...) This got me to thinking, so I ran some numbers (note that math is not my strong point, and I estimated a lot). A 2x4 brick at the online PAB is $0.16. Adding 3 sets of 999 (for close to the 3,000 parts that someone quoted) 2x4 bricks shows me (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/bought a PAB Tub?

(...) It's all part of the hobby. I would agree with the watching TV example. "Free time" shouldn't figure into a cost equasion. If you are looking a brick dealer, and that's your livelyhood...maybe. (...) For some folks, myself included, the (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Anyone seen/bought a PAB Tub?

(...) For me, part of the "fun" of LEGO is the socialization aspect. I know all the LEGO Store employees by name, and they know me... we like to BS and throw insults back and forth. The environment is fun. I get to say "thanks" when people walk up (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jun-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)