 General / 54046
Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:12:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Snip-ped-e-do-dah

But generally, Tim’s rant isn’t against large photos of highly detailed MOCs that benefit from closer viewing. It is against 5000x7000 photos of blurry, poorly made pieces thrown together, as if by trained monkeys. Then, when these horrible pictures are posted again and again by trolls in forums, which wastes bandwidth with crap.

-Lenny Hoffman

Ahh. Point taken. The blurry crap pics on BS frustrate me to no end. I know everyone can’t be a professional photographer, but c’mon...let’s at least get the subject in focus. :-) I like the idea of cropping. I’ve been doing that with more and more of my non-LEGO pictures. I never thought of using it to show details in LEGO MOC’s. I’ll have to give that a shot. For the record, my screen resolution is 1280x1024 on my laptop and desktop. That’s probably why I favor the 1024x768 and 1600x1200 pics. It’s all about screen resolution. :-)

-Dave Sterling