 General / 54019
Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:56:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Timothy Gould wrote:
   This is not really a criticism of Kevin as he has made a system which allows people to post what they like. This system has, unfortunately, been abused (and that abuse supported to a degree) by ignorance, laziness and stupidity. I would really like to see free users forbidden from uploading any images with a filesize greater than 256Kb. That size still allows people to post accurate and clear images of their work but stops the pointless 2048x1568 barely compressed straight-from-the-camera rubbish that everyone I have spoken to about it are sick of.

Please, please, please let this be done as a service for all users, paying or otherwise, and if not for them as a service to BS itself to reduce its costs.

Tim

Tim:

What is considered a valid file size/resolution for BS pics? I’ve always kinda wondered what I should resize to for BS. I usually upload at 1024x768, but sometimes 1600x1200 if I really want people to see fine detail. Is this too big? I have to say that there are times when I would love to see larger pictures of other peoples MOC’s so I can accurately see the construction methods used as well as see details on a large MOC. That’s how I learn.

-Dave