 General / 54070
Re: Update news on BrickShelf.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 23:50:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, John Neal wrote:
   The ingratitude is staggering, Ted. That “crucial role” was created by that person. Brickshelf, the institution, is what it is today because of Kevin’s generosity and commitment to it for the past ten years.
Actually I have to disagree with you there.

The crucial role BS has come to occupy is as an intersection point connecting LUGNET, MOCPages, Blogs, Classic-Castle, EuroBricks, BrickWiki and the dozens of other websites that have chosen (by accident or design) to integrate content created by AFOLs via BS.

Without all the above BS would have never become the hub it did. Without BS perhaps all the above would never have become what they are.

But this discussion is about the future and based on the events of the past week and the posts made by Kevin and others I do not think a reasonable person would emerge without at least some legitimate concerns regarding the future stability of BS.

Of course that is just my opinion and obviously you (and others) do not share it. I will not attack you for your opinions on this nor am I going to speak ill of those who choose to continue to use BS. I respectfully request you do the same.