 General / 39109
Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 01:54:36 GMT

"Mikkel Breiler" <mibm@image.dk> wrote in message
"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

  What do all of you have?  (John, your 1593 is unusual, but
  it doesn't count.  ;) )

My weird piece story is not so exciting. My father is a member of one the • local
Rotary clubs, back before 1996 he was in the one for the town he lives in, • Gilleleje
in Denmark. One day, and I cannot say when I simply can't remember he came • home and
said they had had visitor or speaker who worked for Lego, and he gave • everyone a
small piece. I have it her on my desk. it is a 1 stud thick 5 studs high • and 4 stud
wide metal Technic hook with 4 holes through the top to attach stuff or • use a thin
technic hub. I seem to recall having seen this in a regular Technic set • but in black,
possibly metal with black paint but I can't swear, mine is unpainted grey • metal. I
have never seen this as part of a regular set. Is it? I always think of it • as a
"promo part".

I have that metall hook in black/dark brown.. And there was also an weight
of metal in the same color. The weight had an cross axel hole in one end.
And I dont know what set is was from. But both are from the same set and I
think they both came from a set wiht pnaumatic too...

played with a couple of times back then, but nothing substantial I never • got to
have pictures of my creations taken when I was a kid - if you are a parent • and your
child shows you something he/she never did before, take a picture (with • Lego, it'll
last longer) Do it!!

I warned you, it was not an exciting story :)

-breiler