 General / 39003
39002  |  39004
Subject:
What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 08:45:36 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

   Hi, everyone.

   I was going through a few things here at my home in Michigan,
   and I ran across something odd that I'd forgotten about.  It
   got me thinking:  What kind of true oddities that have some
   connection to LEGO--themed items, promotional things, or other
   tie-ins that are bizarre--do people here have?  There are
   easily enough hard-core, longtime collectors from around the
   world here to have some strange items from the early days of
   LEGO as well as some of the newer promotional items.

   To kick this off, I'll share my only slightly odd item: a
   lightsaber handle from the Wal-Mart 1999 (IIRC) "lightsaber
   building" competition.  It's a black plastic "handle" with
   a + shaped set of plates screwed into the top upon which to
   anchor a "blade."  Apparently these were not supposed to be
   released by the stores, being promotional items, but I
   bought a clearance bucket and one was hiding in there.

   What do all of you have?  (John, your 1593 is unusual, but
   it doesn't count.  ;) )

   Eagerly awaiting tales of mystery and intrigue,

   LFB