 General / 23698
Re: What is the deal with 1x1 Blue Plates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:00:35 GMT

"Jon Kozan" <jauction@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:
[ ... lots of snippage ... ]

Another part that seems to be fairly rare - the 1x1 tile with the top • clip
in red:

http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2555.gif

I had a need for these recently and only found six in my parts box.
BrickBay turned up zero and Baylit turned up four.  I stopped at TRU to • see
if I could find a set that had some of these but was unsuccessful.  Odd • ...
I would not have figured this to be a hard to find part.

I have a list of 1740 parts which are sole sourced (by the sets I've
inventoried, most of which are current sets).
Naturally, 99% are decorated or some unique color or shape.

The Red Clip-top Tile is a strange one though.
I only have it as being (2) in 6334 (Wave Jump Racers) - on special • earlier
this year from S@H. (That's what you were looking for)
Nothing since...
-Jon

Looks like 6517 Water Jet (a complement to 6334) also had one.  It is an odd
one (the rareness 1x1 red tile with top clip), that is for sure.  Doesn't
really explain where I got the six I have though.  Doesn't 5561 have any?
Hmm - apparently not,  in the inventory
(http://news.lugnet.com/db/inv/?n=402) it doesn't show one.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com