 General / 23366
Re: What is the deal with 1x1 Blue Plates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:11:09 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:

"Jamie Obrien" <jamien@interworx.com.au> wrote in message
Hi, it seems strange, but i'm short a heap of these little doozies,
and they are hard to find. What's even harder for me to believe are
the prices which these doodahs seem to be going for. Is there any
reason for this rarity?
I'm actually considering hacking some 1x1 + clip pieces and hiding any
scaring/flahsing, but it depends on how desperate i get.

Are there any other pieces which don't seem uncommon BUT are hard to
come by?

Cheers
Jamie
<Timmy, the Root of All Evil???>

You are correct, they are hard to come by.  So are 1x1 blue tiles.  It took
me about three months of watching eBay and BrickBay to locate some 1x1 blue
tiles.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

Yes those are hard to come by.  And Mike is right, those 1x1 blue tiles are
very scarce.  I didn't think I had any until I found 12 in an old box.

That got me to thinking about what pieces are rare.  Yes there are rare slopes
and arches such as any corner slope in yellow (low, regular, steep), and the
half arches in red or yellow.  But what about more common pieces?  One item
that I found out was quite hard to come by was the WHITE classic 1x3x2 window.
This white window is hard enough to find, but the ones without the window sill
are really rare.  I didn't have any in my collection of classic windows
(thousands), so a German collector friend sent me one of the 2 he had.  Another
rare window is the 1x4x5 large window in yellow.   Other rare items include 2x2
clear tiles, white 2x2 inside corner regular slopes, and gray 2x2x3 corner
steep slopes.

The list goes on and on.

Gary Istok