 Fun / Gaming / 275
Re: BirkWars, BrickFest, Some Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 00:15:56 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Randy Williams writes:
P.S.S(to Mr. Rayhawks) Some Questions:
1. Would a hover bike be considered a small vehicle(sp?), flier, or hover
flier?

Depends on how it flies - if it can hover and turn in place (like most hover
bikes), then it is a hover flier, if it has to keep moving to stay in the air
then it is a flier.  If you build your hover bike by just removing the wheels
from a bicycle or motorcycle piece, then it is a one-piece vehicle; if you
build it like they do in the star wars sets then it is a small vehicle.

2. Can you fire missles from a flier without having to mount a bazzoka on it?

Yes.

3. Does the size-doesnt-count-on-wings rule apply to hover fliers as well as
fliers?

Sure, for the outermost parts of the wing that don't have weapons mounted on
them.

4.Could you consider SpaceAge armor as PlateMail without the CMP, Because of
the use of SuperLightAlloys? I planed on using the aquanuats/hydronauts-type
suits as SpaceAge Armor.

Spacemen (as of two days ago) already get an armor bonus from space-age
materials, since I changed Troopers' AV from 5 to TL+1.  Adding additional
armor after that would still incur -CMP".

5. Can the Stormtrooper helmets (the ones that come with speeder bikes) and
the UFO/Insectiods count as VisoredHelmets , because you cannot mount a visor
on them?

There are no real limitations on wnat physical piece you use to represent any
item of equipment, as long as all the other players know what all your pieces
mean.  You could use an octopus for a VisoredHelmet if you wanted.

- Mike Rayhawk.

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm