 Color / 586
Re: Universal Color List...finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:08:33 GMT

In lugnet.color, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.color, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.color, Paulo Renato wrote:

I wonder did you buy any sets of assorted classic grey bricks from S@H, which
are still available, months after being announced? Oh wait, no that's just a
ruse by TLC to try to appease the AFOLs and make some money at the same time.

I am not asked, but I did and felt upset about these nearly as much as if they
were blayish.

Because these are rubbish of lowest quality.

As Jake wrote a while later on Lugnet the 2004 plates come in height tolerances
of up to 6%!! (Which is incredible worse than anything TLC ever did within the
70ies and 80ies.)

Hi Ben, while those stacks look bad, I don't see any stacks of older plates
beside them to compare. I stacked my older bricks and found much variation, I
would be interested to see your findings.

A lot of people say LEGO tolerances have become worse over time, but I have not
seen anyone actually check the tolerance of older bricks, except my limited
investigation here http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=2163

ROSCO