 Color / 569
Re: Universal Color List...finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:16:48 GMT

Hello!

With all due respect I don't think the color change had much if any real
effect on sales.

Well, I can only speak for myself. The year is eleven months old and I can count
on two hands how many new sets I have bought. No multiple copies of one and the
same set, either. What I bought, however, are old-grey and old-brown parts from
pick-a-brick while they were available. Those won't be available for long so
next year I'll most likely be buying even less new LEGO.

I do think
LEGO is moving in the right direction with the Designer and Inventor sets
(some of the best sets seen in decades).

So do I. It's sad to witness, though, TLC walking in the right direction with
the right leg (designer sets) but walking in the wrong direction with the left
leg at the same time (colour change) and thus tear apart the good of themselves.

Anyway I know the color change bothers most of us but I do think it is time
to put it to bed.  The old colors arn't comming back no matter how much we
complain.

I'm afraid you are right. But as long as those new colours are up many AFOLs
will be buying less of TLC's products than they did before no matter how much
TLC complains about their losses... Of course the number and the effect of
non-buying AFOLs is close to dispensable.

I'm not saying you should like it but I do think it is a waist of
time continuing to complain about it at this point.  Its actually pretty
tireing at this point, just another reason not to read LUGNET.

It's probably off-topic and I don't even know you so I don't ask what other
reasons you got not to read Lugnet (anymore).

Bye
Jojo