 Color / 564
Re: Universal Color List...finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:07:08 GMT

   In lugnet.color, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:

  • (beware of irony!)

That’s sarcasm, not irony.

Dang. You’re right. Thanks James, sarcasm it is definitely! But wouldn’t you agree on how ironic the whole situation is? How set sale numbers of LEGO dropped like a stone, despite the wonderful new colors?

Well, I suppose bad Knight’s Kingdom castle sets with blue, red and yellow “knights” helped hurting sales pretty well, too. Sometimes I really wonder what those LEGO designers are SMOKING?

And while I’m on it beating the dead horse by still being pi$$ed about the color change issue, let me express how much I appreciate Jake’s effort with the color table, wasted though as it probably is. He really believes in it, doesn’t he?

“Locked” colors? Oh please.

Light gray once was as locked as a color could be, for 25 years (or more). And since braindead executives never die out, the new colors will remain locked for only as long as the current generation of executives manages to hold on to their jobs. Does anyone really expect a new management (always in need of product improvements and new ideas) to honor this “locked colors” table ..?