 Color / 580
Re: Universal Color List...finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:08:49 GMT

Hi Ross,

In lugnet.color, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.color, Paulo Renato wrote:
Hi Jojo,

<Eric said:>
With all due respect I don't think the color change had much if any real
effect on sales.

<Jojo replied:>
Well, I can only speak for myself. The year is eleven months old and I can count
on two hands how many new sets I have bought.

Similar here. I didn't buy a single new set this year. All I bought so far was
multiple copies of old (pre 2004) sets and old-colour bricks at BL and Lego S@H.

I wonder did you buy any sets of assorted classic grey bricks from S@H, which
are still available, months after being announced?

Yes, actually I bought my share. And have to tell you that I didn't buy more
because of the limited to 9 quantities of grey bricks pack, that make each
purchase more expensive due to shipping costs.

Oh wait, no that's just a
ruse by TLC to try to appease the AFOLs and make some money at the same time.

I don't have a clue what is behind TLC decisions. (Do you?) But if TLC was to
please AFOL they would do just one thing and that would be enough for me -
change the colour back. Since they are not doing that, I don't buy that they are
concerned with us. Not that I blame them. They are to make money. It's ok I
guess. But please, oh please, don't hurt (not specificlly you Ross, anyone) my
intelligence saying that - FINALLY - they are concerned with us. If they really
were, I'll say it again, they would change the colours back. Simple as that.

And about me purchasing old grey/brown packs, to be honest, I have mixed
feelings about these packs. One part of me says I should buy some so I could
express my voice with my wallet (and it would be a great thing if that bags soon
were sold out, therefore showing the weight of the AFOL comunity); the other
part feels that somehow I'm corroborating with a decision that I found, in a
certain sense, preverse. To this very day I haven't a definitive position about
this so I bought in a restrained fashion, 100 bags or close.

Best regards,

Paulo-Renato