 Color / 556
  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) I wonder why? Doesn't it feel good to have been proven right? After all, the new BRIGHTER sets were a raving success for LEGO, weren't they? LEGO sale numbers in Northern America were skyrocketing this year, and retailers have doubled or (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX) !!

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) That's sarcasm, not irony. (19 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) Dang. You're right. Thanks James, sarcasm it is definitely! But wouldn't you agree on how ironic the whole situation is? How set sale numbers of LEGO dropped like a stone, despite the wonderful new colors? Well, I suppose bad Knight's Kingdom (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) With all due respect I don't think the color change had much if any real effect on sales. I am no LEGO appologist, actually the change bothers me more and more as time passes but I don't have the time or desire to waist time complaining about (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) Yea! More new colours! More shades of pinkish violet-green, 'cause the kids love them! This list, however universal it is deemed now, still has some drawbacks. The main problem I see is with these ugly new greys, which are on the list, and (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

Hello! (...) Well, I can only speak for myself. The year is eleven months old and I can count on two hands how many new sets I have bought. No multiple copies of one and the same set, either. What I bought, however, are old-grey and old-brown parts (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

I really don't think the drop in sales had anything to do with the color change, and if you do, you're not being honest with yourself. LEGO didn't publicize the color change, either positively or negatively, to the consumer-at-large (AFOLs don't (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) Amen. And that is all I have to say. (19 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX) !

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

Hi Jojo, <Eric said:> (...) <Jojo replied:> (...) Similar here. I didn't buy a single new set this year. All I bought so far was multiple copies of old (pre 2004) sets and old-colour bricks at BL and Lego S@H. On the sunny side, my CD collection (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) I wonder did you buy any sets of assorted classic grey bricks from S@H, which are still available, months after being announced? Oh wait, no that's just a ruse by TLC to try to appease the AFOLs and make some money at the same time. ROSCO (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

Hello! (...) For those who have a Pick-a-Brick nearby it's much cheaper to get their oldgrey bricks from there. Yes, I got packs with oldgrey bricks from Shop-at-Home and when I sorted the pieces into my sorting boxes I realized how few pieces I got (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) I'd say that's the most likely explanation. AFOLs have many sources of bricks and besides - MANY just aren't that affected by the colour change. (...) I can understand why people are annoyed at the color change. But it bothers me a lot that (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) The absolute truth is that there were 10,000 bags of each of color (3 colors x 2 bag styles) produced. I'm am beyond positive about this because I was part of this process. I'm not sure what else I can do to make you believe that, and my fear (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

Hi Ross, (...) Yes, actually I bought my share. And have to tell you that I didn't buy more because of the limited to 9 quantities of grey bricks pack, that make each purchase more expensive due to shipping costs. (...) I don't have a clue what is (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) Ah, so they're just not sold out yet ... was wondering myself there. I confess I'm feeling a bit guilty for not buying my share as AFOL. Well ok, I DID buy around 40 copies of gray baggies and still I could have bought more ... but what would (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

Hello! (...) Thanks, I accept that. I have no reason to doubt you tell the truth. I was just hoping... (...) Maybe because in Europe there are three Legolands and some LEGO Stores where you can buy loose bricks (oldgrey and oldbrown amongst others) (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) Saying that "no other elements availible in light gray anymore" is stretching the situation a bit. There are reasonably large quantites of both 'classic' grays available on BrickLink. The 'floor sweepings' tubs/boxes/etc from both 2003 and (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) Hi Rosco, I am not asked, but I did and felt upset about these nearly as much as if they were blayish. Because these are rubbish of lowest quality. (URL) Jake wrote a while later on Lugnet the 2004 plates come in height tolerances of up to (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) Hi Ben, while those stacks look bad, I don't see any stacks of older plates beside them to compare. I stacked my older bricks and found much variation, I would be interested to see your findings. A lot of people say LEGO tolerances have become (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) [Snip - quality issues] (...) I can imagine, that a wild mix of used bricks from 196x till nineties have different clutch forces and similar tolerance spread as the plates now. But if you took only bricks of one colour and type out of one type (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) That's fine, but the bricks I used were all from the period 1970-1980, as they were put away when I began my 20 year dark age in 1981, and I have since always kept them separate from my new bricks. I actually picked out the bricks that looked (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) These sets have three big disadvantages: They don't suite everyones needs in regards of selection of the parts, they are too expensive, and they are only available online. I bought only a few sets this year (even one with new bley in it, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(...) That is true. I have plenty of "old-gray" bricks, and there will probably be plenty "old-gray" elements on bricklink for a long time to come, but my main issue is that elements introduced after the color-change (like the 3x12 wedge-plate) will (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

(snip) (...) (snip) IF TLC was willing to release a very limited quantity of (...) The only problem I see with that idea is that if the 10K bags of gray weren't sold, that means there's stuff in inventory. The market demand of that set doesn't seem (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Universal Color List...finally

Hello! (...) Sic est. Bye Jojo (19 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)