 Color / 583
Re: Universal Color List...finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:38:04 GMT

In lugnet.color, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Jake McKee wrote:

   The reality is that AFOLs, the primary market for these bags, haven’t bought enough to sell them out. Some bags remain in higher quantities than others, and MANY more bags were sold in the US than in Europe. I’m not saying this is good or bad, it just “is”.

Jake

Ah, so they’re just not sold out yet ... was wondering myself there. I confess I’m feeling a bit guilty for not buying my share as AFOL. Well ok, I DID buy around 40 copies of gray baggies and still I could have bought more ... but what would I want with that many plates and bricks with no other elements availible in light gray anymore, or with an uncertain supply of elements in that particular color in the future? I already built myself one DEATH STAR II in light gray ... :)

Saying that “no other elements availible in light gray anymore” is stretching the situation a bit. There are reasonably large quantites of both ‘classic’ grays available on BrickLink. The ‘floor sweepings’ tubs/boxes/etc from both 2003 and 2004 have contained a fair amount of the ‘classic’ grays. Other than a few special pcs (like the 2x2 convex corner slopes, which were always HTF) the parts *are* generally avaialble. You might have an issue with the price of a few of them, but they are generally available. In addition, the 2004 ‘floor sweepings’ boxes also contain a fair distribution of the new grays. You might say that TLC is priming the pump a bit to get the creative waters flowing using the new bits.

Ray