 Color / 565
Re: Universal Color List...finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:47:39 GMT

In lugnet.color, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:

   In lugnet.color, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:

  • (beware of irony!)

That’s sarcasm, not irony.

Dang. You’re right. Thanks James, sarcasm it is definitely! But wouldn’t you agree on how ironic the whole situation is? How set sale numbers of LEGO dropped like a stone, despite the wonderful new colors?

With all due respect I don’t think the color change had much if any real effect on sales. I am no LEGO appologist, actually the change bothers me more and more as time passes but I don’t have the time or desire to waist time complaining about it. I just recently used as much of my old light grey in one last MOC instead. Much more productive use of my time... I do think LEGO is moving in the right direction with the Designer and Inventor sets (some of the best sets seen in decades). The spring cleaning stuff is a pretty neat idea too, LEGO dumps stuff it has no need of and we get some parts we really like.

Anyway I know the color change bothers most of us but I do think it is time to put it to bed. The old colors arn’t comming back no matter how much we complain. I’m not saying you should like it but I do think it is a waist of time continuing to complain about it at this point. Its actually pretty tireing at this point, just another reason not to read LUGNET.

Well, I suppose bad Knight’s Kingdom castle sets with blue, red and yellow “knights” helped hurting sales pretty well, too. Sometimes I really wonder what those LEGO designers are SMOKING?

Well you might have something to complain about with some set designs but let me tell you one thing, the little kids that are the market for these sets don’t care about colors as much as we do. Heck they would want a Yellow Castle if their were one... Kids don’t care if sets arn’t all grey many would probably actually prefer some color.

And while I’m on it beating the dead horse by still being pi$$ed about the color change issue, let me express how much I appreciate Jake’s effort with the color table, wasted though as it probably is. He really believes in it, doesn’t he?

Tired this is... Jake is doing his job and I believe he genually works to help the adult community as much as he can. Give him a break, he does his best with what he has. Talking down to him like this is extremely unproductive.

“Locked” colors? Oh please.

Light gray once was as locked as a color could be, for 25 years (or more). And since braindead executives never die out, the new colors will remain locked for only as long as the current generation of executives manages to hold on to their jobs. Does anyone really expect a new management (always in need of product improvements and new ideas) to honor this “locked colors” table ..?

Well again you might have a point but why spout off with such vitriol. Why not wait until they change one of those colors then call them on it instead of daring them to do it.

Eric Kingsley