 Color / 1470
Re: Variations in dark blue color.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:59:25 GMT

In lugnet.color, Richard W. Schamus wrote:
<snip> >  At some point in its
history it was outside.  It is all white bricks and there is yellowing.  What I
don't understand in that the yellow bricks are not consistent.  They are 1x8,
one next to another and one maybe yellow and the other is pure white.  About
every fifth brick is yellowed in random patterns all over the piece.  Any reason
that you can think of?  This has puzzled me for some time now.
Thanks
John P

As someone who has had the dubious pleasure of maintaining a piece like that, I
can tell you that it had gotten damaged. (Little curious fingers, pulling,
pushing, etc.) When something like that receives damage, someone has to repair
it. You use what you have on hand, and replace with appropriate pieces what is
too damaged to re-use. The more recent the repair, the newer the pieces look.

I hope that satisfies your curiosity.

Have Fun!
C-Ya!

Rich

Hi Rich
I don't think that is the problem in that it is random all over the piece and
there is no way these could have been damaged.  There will be a row with 30 pure
white and 20 yellowed and the new row is both also.  This is from the bottom of
the piece to the top on all sides.  There is now way these could have come loose
or have been repaired.  I would say that 1/5 of the bricks are yellowed,
randomly on all walls.  It would have destroyed the piece to replace any on the
walls in this number.  Any other thoughts?  Thanks
John P