 Color / 1452
Re: Variations in dark blue color.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:04:26 GMT

In lugnet.color, Michael Huffman wrote:
In lugnet.color, Karl Paulsen wrote:

[snip]

What is happening to LEGO QC?

Also, could PAB be a dumping ground for sub par Bricks?

Anyone have any explanation or experience related to this?

Here's some of problems that I ran into... I bought a bunch of 2x10 white
plates, stacked the neatly to fit inside a PaB cup.  After stacking about 20 of
them together, I realized that the sides of the plates didn't all line up
smoothly.  They're off just by a little bit -- enough that you can visually see
it -- fractions of a millimeter.  In larger structures you wouldn't notice it,
but in micro-structures you might... We found out that you have to 'orient' the
plates to get them to line up smoothly on the side.

Our group bought a case of tan 2x4 bricks (the cases used to stock the PaB wall)
for a hospital project.  In natural light, you can see color variations within
the same box of tan bricks -- some lighter, more yellowish; others more dark
more grayish.

--Mike.

Can we all say Flextronics.  What bothers me more is that Lego does not seem to
care about or respond to this ongoing problem.

John P