 Color / 1476
Re: Variations in dark blue color.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:27:44 GMT

In lugnet.color, Erik Olson wrote:
In lugnet.color, John Patterson wrote:

Hi Rich
I don't think that is the problem in that it is random all over the piece and
there is no way these could have been damaged.  There will be a row with 30 pure
white and 20 yellowed and the new row is both also.  This is from the bottom of
the piece to the top on all sides.  There is now way these could have come loose
or have been repaired.  I would say that 1/5 of the bricks are yellowed,
randomly on all walls.  It would have destroyed the piece to replace any on the
walls in this number.  Any other thoughts?  Thanks
John P

Is there any consistency of fading by brick type, that could be explained by
different molding batch?

I have huge constructions of white and yellow bricks which were not consistent
from the factory. The 1x4s and 2x2s were obviously differently colored right out
of the box. Generally, they exhibited differing bluish tints when new (this is
particularly ghoulish on the yellow bricks.)  Over time the distinctions have
become more obvious.

Thanks, that makes sense too.  I wish I could replace these as this is a great
display piece.  It is so large I have it on the patio.
John P