 Color / 1453
Re: Variations in dark blue color.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:45:25 GMT

In lugnet.color, John Patterson wrote:
What bothers me more is that Lego does not seem to
care about or respond to this ongoing problem.

John P

John,

What would you like LEGO Group to do about the quality? They no longer
manufacture plastic parts. They have contracted with a third party to
manufacture parts who would try to pass as many parts as they can. LEGO might,
by contract, be obliged to allow certain percentage of less than acceptable
parts to pass. Not to mention that parts are being made in 3 countries by
companies not accustomed to LEGO's high level of quality.

Ultimately, I think there is a decision we all have to make. Do we continue to
be surprised that color variations are occuring or do we prefer to pay more for
elements so that the quality control standards can be upheld? I belive that if
we wish to keep LEGO elements at the current price, then we must accept a
certain level of variation within color. I do not believe we should put up with
shape variations or parts that no longer fit, but we must accept some color
variance.

LEGO can continue to maintain the quality and color consistency and let the
costs of the elements go beyond the price parents are willing to pay. Or, LEGO
can let colors vary slightly in order to keep costs down. This is clearly an
either or choice and both cannot be accomodated.

Todd