 Color / 1453
  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) John, What would you like LEGO Group to do about the quality? They no longer manufacture plastic parts. They have contracted with a third party to manufacture parts who would try to pass as many parts as they can. LEGO might, by contract, be (...) (16 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) That is a silly question. INSIST on quality. Would you buy a car that had three fenders one shade off from the rest of the car? Do what they did before, the highest quality in the toy industry. They did it once, why not put their inspectors in (...) (16 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) This is misleading. The following is a statement from the LEGO Community Development Team: "Product safety and product quality are factors of the utmost concern for the LEGO Group and have been so during our entire 75 year history. In order to (...) (16 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) Yes. I wish I had the article I'm thinking of-- I'll hunt for it. But according to Jorgen, people at Lego were using quality 'as a crutch'. They refused to do any cost saving measure because it might sacrifice quality. And supposedly it was (...) (16 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) I have found that the newer sets have a problem. Others have seen the difference in colors in several sets. I have had a hard time puting some bricks and other elements together because of the tolerences. I began collecting in the 70's as an (...) (16 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) It's dropping-- not by huge leaps and bounds as people might lead you to believe, but it's dropping. But there's not much I can say other than "it's worse than it was before". I compare elements molded in roughly 1999 to elements molded today, (...) (16 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) Here we go: (URL) (16 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) I believe I read somewhere that the ABS pellets are now transparent, and color is injected during the moulding process? Whereas before, the pellets came colored prior to being used. I could be wrong though. But as for the color variations that (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) The keynote speech at Brickworld 2007 by Richard Stollery, the head of LEGO community, contained these points and specifically mentioned the orange garbage truck with pieces you could almost see thorough. They had the choice of not producing a (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

::snip:: (...) ::snip:: I'm sure that packing errors are devastating to kids (who start a model but can't complete it), but I don't mind so much, in light of how I received at least 2 bags of extra parts with my new Town Plan! It seems that (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) Ross, Thanks for this! I appreciate someone representing the truth of what's going on, and I admit my statement was over generalized. I would like to point out two things though. Mold making and parts making are being moved out of Denmark. (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Variations in dark blue color.

(...) I find very few, if no packing errors which always amazes me. Thousands of parts in a set and they are always perfect. When I build sets with my Grand daughter she will say this piece or that piece is missing. I tell her to look harder, she (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)