 Color / 1470
    Re: Variations in dark blue color. —John Patterson
   (...) Hi Rich I don't think that is the problem in that it is random all over the piece and there is no way these could have been damaged. There will be a row with 30 pure white and 20 yellowed and the new row is both also. This is from the bottom (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

        Re: Variations in dark blue color. —David Eaton
     (...) I've been told this is common among white elements especially-- that they're more susceptible to light damage (or perhaps just that it's more noticeable in white). I was told (IIRC this was from master builders in Enfield) that even the (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

         Re: Variations in dark blue color. —John Patterson
      (...) Thanks David, that makes sence John P (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

         Re: Variations in dark blue color. —Tommy Armstrong
     (...) ABS in and of itself will yellow. With white the yellowing is just more evident. Yellowing occurs in blue and red and all the other colors but is masked. It is analogous in paint to the fact that certain resins will yellow with age. Acrylic is (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

        Re: Variations in dark blue color. —Erik Olson
   (...) Is there any consistency of fading by brick type, that could be explained by different molding batch? I have huge constructions of white and yellow bricks which were not consistent from the factory. The 1x4s and 2x2s were obviously differently (...) (16 years ago, 14-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)

        Re: Variations in dark blue color. —John Patterson
   (...) Thanks, that makes sense too. I wish I could replace these as this is a great display piece. It is so large I have it on the patio. John P (16 years ago, 14-Feb-08, to lugnet.color)