 Castle / 669
Re: Gold/Silver Fig Crest? (was Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:15:23 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

craig hamilton wrote:

~ maybe not in castle theme, but the recent ufo and insectoid series had silver
and gold printed detailing not only on the torso pieces, but on the legs and
heads as well...
i just looked at my crusader 'fig from #6077 (assembled right in front of me),
and he does have metalic gold on his torso. maybe it's because it's "new". i
opened this set from a sealed box 3 weeks ago.

I can't remember my castle figs too well now - they are in storage :(

The "robot" minifig(s) have gold/silver printing on them.

That's right, I forgot that the android figs - the red ones in Spyrius/Unitron and the
white ones in Exploriens - and the alien figs have gold/silver prints, but then classic
space figs and futron always had the gold "logo".  Do Insectoid figs have gold/silver
prints as well?

I suppose that since TLG has been using gold/silver on recent figs (aka Space figs),
they could technically produce them for castle, but with the huge amount of Juniorizing
that goes into the Castle sets, I doubt this would be so.

[crossposted to lugnet.space]

Simon.
LEGO: SP[cl++++(6825)ip++bt1-]++++(6951) PI[so++++]++
CA[dm++++(6078)bf/cr+++(6017)fm++]++++(6081) #++++ YB75M