 Castle / 3351
Re: Villiager Mini-Figs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:52:47 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Markus Wolf writes:

I think you will see that the Peasants in these photos are primarily Star • Wars
Figs.  Thanks to the Star Wars figs we can have a balanced Medieval society
instead of 20 king's 40 Soldier's and 2 peasants :-).

Erik,

I just looked at your peasant houses.  I really like the way you used plates
for roofs, but having built very few MOC's, I've never used anything but roof
bricks.  How do you set that up?

First off I have to give credit to Dave Eaton once again this is really his
design.

http://www.suave.net/~dave/midtown2.html

But I can sure try and explain how its done. :-).  I have read several of the
posts writen here by Shiri and Jeff and I will try and address some of their
points as well.

First there are no hinges or Technic pegs involved at all.  This system is so
simple you are probably going to scream.  Each side of the roof is one big
plate made up of several other plates held together on the bottom with other
plates.  The only thing here is that you want to try and keep the connecting
plates 2 studs from any side/edge.  If that is impossible it can be done
leaving only 1 stud from the side but that is as close to the edge as you want
to come.

Second the sides of the houses are just one stud wide and for the slope we use
1x2 black 45 degree slopes.  The roof plates rest on these slopes so the house
and roof are the same stud width.  Now just rest the plates on the slopes and
you are done.  :-)  Oops that plate just slide right off didn't it.  One more
step.

Third, this part is very unscientific.  You need a brick usually a 1xX brick (I
like using 1x6's).  You attach this to the bottom of the roof plate near the
bottom to keep the plate from sliding off.  Where you attach the brick depends
on the slope of the roof and how big the plate is.  This is basically trial and
error.  Just remember to use the holes as well because this can help you fine
tune how the plate is positioned.  You want the to plates to be as close as you
can get at the peak of the roof but you will still get a little gap no matter
what so your peasants will get wet if it rains :-).  (It never rains in my LEGO
world so that is not an issue).

I hope that helps.  Dave E. might have more insight into the roof design but
this is what works for me.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/