 Castle / 3362
Re: Minifig sites and newbie teasing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:53:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bram Lambrecht writes:
"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> writes:
Being a newbie is, I think, a state of mind, which might/might
not be connected to how long you've been on lugnet. You can *feel*
like an old-timer even if you've only been on lugnet for a month,
IMO...

True.  I'd feel like a newbie if I got into robotics more... I think you
stop being a newbie when you start getting mildly annoyed by seeing the
same questions over and over again :)

<clown mode> Well then I'm definitely not a newbie anymore! <);-) </clown mode>

Oh, and BTW, happy b-day!

Thanks!  (It was on the 4th, actually--didn't get any LEGO
<sarcastic>surprise, surprise!</sarcastic>)

If it's any consolation, I never do either. I asked for a metroliner for my
15th birthday, about 10 months in advance... my parents said they'll get me
one IF I'm still into lego at 15 (they didn't believe I would be!). Well, my
15th birthday came and went, guess what I didn't get...

From the second I started buying my own sets, I haven't gotten any lego
presents (except for some distant friends that wanted to buy me a gift so my
dad said 'lego'. Of course, they shopped by age range and got me some cyber-
master sets. Isn't that fun). OK, now I'm being sarcastic.

-Shiri