 Castle / 18682
Re: Raising a model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:39:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey wrote:
"Dave" <ishakd@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:Hp08F2.13zp@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

------------8<-------- snip
Is there another method I just dont know of? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

I use a latice of 2xX bricks to build up a framework. I have bags of old
crummy scratched and pre abs LEGO bricks I have been trying to find what to
do with
they are perfect for it. Another option is use *cough*Clone*cough* bricks.
No one is going to see them and they are surely cheaper.

or you could use those otherwise useless bi'cronic'le figures to prop up ...
no, id better not go there ;)

I don't have the best of suggestions -- other than to caution you about how much
weight you want to put on the 'raised' area.  If it's really light, just about
anything goes: a lattice, duplo (though I just can't imagine myself doing that),
or even just elevating a baseplate.  If you are not doing hillsides and just
want height you can get by with a  Lego facade (sp?) which covers something
totally non-Lego like a cardboard box.

But, height can be a really compelling aspect of a MOC.  I would suggest just
biting the bullet and using those off-color cat-chewed bricks you usually give
to the kids (like I do).  I think you'll be happier with a fully detailed
hillside, wall or cliff face, whatever you build.

Dave O'Hare