 Castle / 18686
Re: Raising a model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:10:33 GMT

What do most AFOLs use as an underlay when raising a model? (landscaping,
mountains, cliffs, etc). 2x4 standard bricks, Duplo bricks???

You know those thick plates they use in many of the Harry Potter sets? I usually
build several columns of 2x2 bricks, and then put those harry potter plates on
top. It's really quick and easy.

I think LEGO S@H sells then in a variety of colors too, but only the green seems
to really be of any use.

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=9279&t=7&d=18&c=6858403F%2DCE12%2D4212%2D9DB3%2DAA3A3D31C7C0

If you find a good sale on some medium and large Harry Potter sets, you can
usually get a few of the Dark Grey ones pretty easily. I've also seen the dark
grey ones in Pick A Brick at Mall of America. I would also assume they are
available on BrickLink, but I couldn't find any because I don't know what they
are called on bricklink.