 Castle / 15639
Re: My modular castle creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 03:42:39 GMT

    I couldn't agree with you more Jon.  We castle fans don't need any fancy
new pieces to make us happy; just a reappearance of castle sets.  Those modular
sets you're created are exactly the kind of thing I want LEGO to bring back to
the market.
    I've always thought that LEGO would be smart to do a licensed castle
series.  Their Star Wars line did very well as an offshoot of the space system.
I think one of the reasons people buy Star Wars sets is that the model in the
set is something that they've already seen.  People recognize something they
already love in the LEGO set.
    I would LOVE to see LEGO do an offshoot in the castle series with Warcraft
sets.  Lots of people both young and old would see a human barracks or an
orcish tower that they've become familiar with by seeing it a thousand times
during a game of Warcraft.
    I know there are people out there besides me who would love to see minifigs
of orcs, trolls and 2-headed ogres.
    David