 Castle / 15632
Re: My modular castle creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 02:02:10 GMT

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Jon Furman wrote:

This is an Idea I’m certain we’ve all thought of, but I figured that I would
try to put my ideas into words and pictures.  It’s a Castle theme that I’ve
developed in my spare time.

Very good.  I would quibble about details (like sticking with TLC's short
battlements), but the concept is excellent, and the execution is very
good.

The Great Hall is especially nice---things like the fireplace and the food
give ideas for what to do if you get the bricks to rebuild larger, but are
cleanly executed while keeping piece count/set price down to managable
levels.

One thing I wondered about. . .what forms the connection?  All I see is
one pin about five studs in the air.  Is there another at ground level?
Although two is much better than TLC's floppy one-pin connection, I wonder
what would be optimal.  With 1--3 stud wide walls you obviously don't have
a lot of room to manuever.  Would using a brick with two pins
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30526
at top or bottom, with one pin at the other location, aid solidness?
Friction pegs, rather than pins, would probably help a lot. . .

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/