 Castle / 15659
Re: My modular castle creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:37:07 GMT

YOu are right on about the Monochromatic aspect of the sets, THat is an area
where they could use some more work!  I like the Idea of hanging banners, I
must have gotten too caught up in the whole battle concept to think farther
ahead into the whole "stone buildings can be drab" thing.  thanks for the tip.

First off awesome designs but I must also add that they are very
monochromatic.  Colors would have been nice.  If nothing else perhaps some
of the banners used in HP but in different colors.  They could be hung off
of the corner towers.  Overall excellent idea and worthwhile for LEGO to
look into.  Perhaps this could be the next MOC from LEGO.  Where are the $2
to $5 dollar sets though?

I'm not certain I've even seen a $2 set recently, the cheapest I can find is
the 2.99 and that is covered by the Dark Archer, but the $5 dollar set
didn't make it out of R and D unfortunately. Too Flimsy and poorly executed.
It has been relegated to "Lost or Deleted scene status".

Speaking of those sets, are they also compatible or could they be made
compatible?  It would be great to add a guarded inn to one of the walls.

-Dan

THese sets use a 1x1 pin hole block, and I believe that the older ones use a
1x2 pin hole , so swappin those out would be the only thing to change to
make them compatible!  (although I'm not sure of the height issue, som work
would have to be done to the battlements as well.).  Jon