 CAD / 9879
9878  |  9880
Subject:
Parts Library (was Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 03:32:12 GMT

How complete will the parts library for this program be?
Will it include all the parts TLC has 3d computer models of or will it be
limited somehow? What about decorated/printed parts? Minifig parts &
accessories? Stickers? Sails and capes and such like?

One important question is the issue of licenced parts. For example:
The Jar-Jar Binks head
The Stormtrooper Helment
The Harry Potter Hogwarts Uniform Torso
The Spiderman torso
The printed bricks and stickers from the various Shell sets
The Mcdonalds parts from the Mcdonalds drive-thru set
etc
etc

How does Lego Direct plan to handle Licenced Parts?
A.not include any licenced parts at all
B.include all licenced parts
or C.include licenced parts in the case where it can get permission from
the licenceholder to do so.