 CAD / 9869
Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 01:30:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Todd Lehman wrote:

If you're a parts designer, would you rather design parts directly in LEGO's
proprietary LXF format or
instead in an open-standards XML-based format that could easily be
translated to LXF as a special
case?

I don't think that's really a fair and answerable question.  As a parts designer, I'd
rather work in the format that is (a) the least work for me and (b) gives me the
results I want.  As a parts designer, I'm not terribly concerned about abstract issue
like openness.

Steve