 CAD / 13226
13225  |  13227
Subject:
Announcing Bricksmith for Macintosh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:59:52 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I thought I would save my first post to Lugnet for something good.

It is time to announce the completion of Bricksmith 1.0, my new LDraw editor for Mac OS X. Bricksmith provides a number of features which have hitherto been lacking on the Macintosh, including:
  • A fast, comprehensive part browser
  • One-click access to the full Lego color palette
  • Fully-functional MPD capabilities
  • Steps, step display, and step exporting
  • Undo, Copy, and Paste
  • Drag-and-drop reorganization of model contents
  • Primitives
This project has taken me about six months to complete, so I hope that you find it to truly be LDraw for the Rest of Us. That’s not to say it’s perfect. My goal in creating this program was to create a superb tool for instruction-creation, and a usable 3D model viewer. In fact, I finished over three-quarters of the source code before I actually drew a single pixel of LDraw. Consequently, Bricksmith’s instruction-making tools are superb, but the model viewer is not yet as pretty as Mac Brick CAD’s.

Bricksmith requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later, and may be download it at http://bricksmith.sourceforge.net/.

So have fun, all you Mac-loving Legophiles!

Sincerely,
Allen Smith
Camas, Washington