 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 659
Re: Announcing Bricksmith for Macintosh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:55:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Damien Guichard wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Joe Strout wrote:

  • Wow -- an LDraw editor that I can just download and use! I didn’t have to install anything extra or futz about with paths; I just downloaded the complete package and double-clicked the icon. Beautiful.

Sure it’s handy, but i wonder whether the LDraw Standard Commitee and the Jessiman family will agree.

Yeah, you aren’t suppose to distribute the library with your app. The cool shniz would be to have the app auto find the library or download it for you if it can’t find it though! The path should never change:

http://www.ldraw.org/files/unix-complete.tgz

Haven’t looked at the app yet but I’m sure I can come up with a list of feature requests! ;)

If you give me a text snippet and an appropriately sized thumbnail, I can add your app to the Mac getting started page on www.ldraw.org. I can’t remember who is responsible for the downloads listing, but I would use the ldraw contact on their site so you can get your app listed in the download database.

James