 Announcements / 3756
Subject:
PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2008 16:16:34 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I just developed a web application for the iPhone called iPick-a-Brick:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/iPaB/

This is the current list of part on the PaB wall at the LIC in Orlando, FL... as of yesterday (minus a few more parts I still need to enter into the database... I really hate data entry).

Anyway, I’d like to enter PaB data from other LEGO stores. If anyone wants to e-mail me some of that information, I would greatly appreciate it, but please contact me first before sending data... I’d like for the part information to be mapped back to a X/Y coordinate on the PaB wall -- this will make updating the information much easier later...

In the mean time, over the next week or so, I’ll be working on a way for ‘trusted’ people to log into the web-site, and update a store’s inventory in real time. If you live close to a LEGO store with a PaB and would like to help keep this on-line inventory up-to-date, e-mail me. Will will be able to do it on-line via a iPhone (or any mobile device with a web-browser).

Some Disclaimers: This web-site does not guarantee the accuracy of a store’s inventory; some items may be sold out or the information on this web-site may be inaccurate or out-of-date. Information for this web-site is only to be used for reference. If you find this list to be out-of-date, please help us by e-mail us with updates.

--Mike.

Re: PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone
In lugnet.announce, Michael Huffman wrote:
[...]

Mike,

Great idea, now I have to buy a iPhone.

(planning to get the new version in June with 3G) :-)

-Abner

Re: PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone
In lugnet.announce, Michael Huffman wrote:

(snip)

In the mean time, over the next week or so, I’ll be working on a way for ‘trusted’ people to log into the web-site, and update a store’s inventory in real time. If you live close to a LEGO store with a PaB and would like to help keep this on-line inventory up-to-date, e-mail me. Will will be able to do it on-line via a iPhone (or any mobile device with a web-browser).

Some Disclaimers: This web-site does not guarantee the accuracy of a store’s inventory; some items may be sold out or the information on this web-site may be inaccurate or out-of-date. Information for this web-site is only to be used for reference. If you find this list to be out-of-date, please help us by e-mail us with updates.

--Mike.

This looks NICE on an iPhone! Good job!

Now I need to get the LEGO stores in my address book....

Joe

Re: PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone
In lugnet.announce, Michael Huffman wrote:
   I just developed a web application for the iPhone called iPick-a-Brick:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/iPaB/

(Fixed the link)

Re: PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone
   In lugnet.announce, Michael Huffman wrote:
   I just developed a web application for the iPhone called iPick-a-Brick:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/iPaB/

(Fixed the link)

Thanks. Sorry about that. Was in a hurry. :)

[...]

Thank you.

Yes, I need to get the LEGO stores’ addresses & phone numbers into the database as well, then integrate it with the iPhone’s web standards... it’s on my ToDo list. :)

--Mike.

Re: PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone
In lugnet.announce, Michael Huffman wrote:
   I just developed a web application for the iPhone called iPick-a-Brick:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/iPaB/

--Mike.

Mike,

I have one word for this: AWESOME!

Works better than I had hoped.

Todd

[...]

I would love to help you with the Oregon Store PaB list. I work at the store and handle all the PaB ordering and stocking of the wall. So giving you updates will be easy when parts are added. Our store gets lots of traffic so the wall fluctuates a lot each week. For the most part 75% of the wall doesnt change to much. I also have an iPhone and can test things out.

Just let me know.

Dave

GPLR.org

Re: PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone