 General / 54661
Re: PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 03:58:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Michael Shiels wrote:
   How easy can we make it for someone to update this data?

I work with quite a few stores, but honestly getting a full run down on parts is hard, if it was easy enough/brought in some extra business for the stores, I could see them maybe updating it??

Here’s how easy we can make it... Once you sign in, your search result screen looks like this:

Each part can be ‘Edit’ed, ‘Update’d, or ‘Empty’ed. If you edit a part, you are presented with this screen:

On the edit screen, you can move the part to a different container by changing the X or Y coordinate. You can update the color, part type and part within the container -- the images actually updates if you change the color or select a different part. I’ve tested it on my iPhone and it works, I haven’t tested it on a BlackBerry.

Back on the previous screen, if you hit ‘Update’ you update the timestamp on the part that indicates ‘freshness’ of the part. Blue and green are good, red is bad. You’ll see parts go bad after a month... doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong, but the part may or may not still be on the wall after a month.

Clicking on ‘Empty’ just deletes the part from inventory and empties out the container.

--Mike.