 General / 54978
Re: PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:23:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Michael Huffman wrote:
You're very welcome!  Still need people to help keep the inventory
up-to-date... Any more takers?

How does it work currently? Depending on how much effort it is, I'd be all for
updating the Burlington store's inventory when I happen to be there (and
remember), but I'm not sure if I'd continually keep it updated.  Would it be
feasible to give unique userids to Lego stores, or Lego store managers so they
could help keep things up to date?

Is it currently something like a pick-list of "yes they have these, no they
don't have these", or is it more of a "list the part numbers and colors
available"? Just thinking aloud, since keeping information updated ultimately
means making it REALLY simple (and therefore often more complicated on the
programming side) to update inventories. Especially since the web interfaces on
phones are more limited than those on desktops or laptops, and the best way to
do these is to update the inventories when you're sitting in front of the PAB
wall.

DaveE