 General / 54984
Re: PaB Inventory On-line for the iPhone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:39:19 GMT

Michael Huffman wrote:
I do need to find a easier way to handle multiple types of parts in
the same container,  multiple colors of the same part in the same
container, and "extra" areas where PaB inventory can be found in the
store -- someone reported red & black 1x1 bricks in the same
container; recently in the Orlando store, there were 5-10 types of
parts found in the same container (they were dumping Build-a-Minifig
accessories on the PaB wall); and some stores have extra PaB stock
that is thrown into a area that people can pick through to fill their
PaB cups...  And the whole Legoland PaB problem that you pointed out
above.

Some thoughts on handing this issue:

Since build a minifig is probably a common way to mix stuff, just create a
new "part" "minifig parts". Other mixes may be more of a pain.

The "too small to be worth a bin" quantities might just be best ignored,
they probably won't last all that long. Though an easy interface might be to
just have a list of "limited quantity parts" with a simple way to say "dump
this bin into limited quantity."

You could use column 0 for "bins not on the wall"

As a user, I am most interested in the set of parts available at a
particular store, so I don't care so much how any of these issues are
resolved.

Frank