 Administrative / Suggestions / 1550
Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:19:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jason Allemann wrote:

  1. The alternating background colours on the top stories links seems to just add clutter and detract from actualy reading the links. Is it really necessary?

I think what bothers me (and maybe this is the case for others) is that these alternating colors are too disimilar--the contast between them is too much. I would suggest replacing the white color with the same light blue as the background of the Top Stories box.

  1. The text for the titles in the center section seems a little big.

I agree that those headlines could be reduced in size a little bit.

Something about the text in that middle column doesn’t sit quite right with me. At first I thought maybe it was that the text is justified, leaving non-uniform spaces between words, but now I think it’s that there’s too much space between the lines of text. Is there any way to adjust that without simply using a smaller font size? I’d also be OK with using a smaller font size for the items in the middle column.

There also seems to be too much space bewteen the lines of the “More Top Stories as highlighted by LUGNET Members” link at the bottom of the Top Stories box. Compare that to what seems like the “correct” amount of space between the lines of the actual links to the Top Stories stories.

  1. Having pre-existing text in search boxes. Uh, I hate that. :)

I don’t mind the text being there as long as it vanishes when I click inside the box. Having it stay there is pretty annoying.

   Keep up the great work!

Yes, it’s coming along quite nicely!

Best,

-Brendan