 Administrative / Suggestions / 1539
Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:03:23 GMT

Here’s a big ‘me too’ post (I know how annoying those can be, but I think it seems relevant here), but this last post summed things up for me well :)

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   I haven’t yet commented on the new design, but now I must say I that I like the most recent revision (#6?). • Me too! I miss the quick links to deeper levels of the newsgroups, however -- they’re on the current site in the lower left corner.

Me too. The 2 things I currently use the most are ‘Top Stories’ and the newsgroup links.

  • The helpful links box in the right column has the same issue. You might also want to play around with indentation in that box. I do like the little icons, though.

  • The headers for the center column seem a bit too large in the context of the rest of the page.

I agree with the above comments.

  • The popup preview of highlighted news stories is a nice addition (a positive comment!)

Yea, that’s nifty! I like it!

  • The colors in the new version of the logo seem a bit off. It’s like Maersk blue got in there and washed everything out.

Gee thanks, I hadn’t noticed that, but since you said it, it really stands out!
   so of course you’re free to ignore me. :)
Me too!

-plucky