 Administrative / Suggestions / 1544
Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 02:21:53 GMT

   Please post again comments, ideas, suggestions; I’d like to read your opinions.

Leg Godt!
Rene

Rene, great work so far. I am ‘REALLY’ gonna miss the old homepage of LUGNET. Honestly, I don’t know why or how much change needs to be done? I know the new look will not please everybody.

So far, I have compared each draft and the current homepage. I am looking at this base on the point of view if I was a ‘NEWBIE’ or seeing the LUGNET homepage for the first time.

Here are some points: 1)For example, what does LUGNET stand for or mean? As a regular user and a fan of LEGO. I know that LUGNET stands for ‘LEGO Users Group Network’. However, I am assuming if a newibe come accross, and wonders what LUGNET stands for. I think it would be a good idea to keep the statement, “Welcome to the International LEGO® Users Group Network.”

2)I notice the LUGNET ‘logo’ shade of BLUE is different. I don’t think the shade of blue should be change. When I first notice it, I was thinking...LEGO color change. Nooooooooooooooo! New LUGNET Blue? Color change!!! ;-)

3) The new draft is missing the disclaimer at the ‘bottom’ of the homepage or needs to be updated.

(from the current LUGNET homepage) “All content is provided as is, with no warranty stated or implied regarding the quality or accuracy of any content on or off this site. All trademarks, service marks, and copyrights are property of their respective owners. LEGO® and LEGOLAND® are registered trademarks of the LEGO Company, which does not own or operate this site. STAR WARS® is a registered trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. LUGNET™ and Brickwise™ are trademarks of Todd S. Lehman and Suzanne D. Rich.”

(LEGO Company, should be LEGO Group)

4) I do like the addition of ‘Helpful links’, section. I like little icon links of the other websites. I also like the look and placement of the icons of ‘Forums, Spotlight, Guide, events Links, and FAQ’ at the top of the homepage.

Is there reason why the background color ‘pale blue’ behind the icons stops at a certain point. It looks like if the top page is incomplete. I think it would be better to finish pale blue all the way to the right.

I do have a question: The FAQ icon, What does the ‘i’ mean?

5) On the current homepage if you click on the LUGNET logo. It leads to the history or story behind the LUGNET logo. Is there way to keep that feature on the new homepage?

6) I wish there was more ‘color’ on the new draft/homepage. I am get the feeling the new page is somewhat....pale and dull. Maybe it needs a little more yellow, red, green, orange. (sigh) I don’t know..it must the winter blues.

7) Can you apply or add the new icons (forums, Spotlight etc.) on the the other pages?

Base on the new draft. If I click on ‘Events’ and I am on Events section, I don’t see ‘forums, spotlight, guide, link, and FAQ’ icons along the top. So, I don’t have to back page to find other icons. I am assuming you are going to do this?

Thank you,

-Abner