 Administrative / Suggestions / 1551
Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:34:59 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:
   I don’t mind the text being there as long as it vanishes when I click inside the box. Having it stay there is pretty annoying.

Oh, hey! I just realized that you managed to squeeze in the Search feature by putting the label “Search LUGNET” inside the search box. I think that’s a great solution. I guess it seemed so natural I didn’t even notice at first.

I still think the text should clear away when the user clicks oin the box, but I just wanted to compliment you on that design idea.

Another thought: in my mock-up, I had added the a “Join/Log In” link centered over the right column. But if there’s room (as there is in the current draft), this could also just be added to the set of icons across the top of the page. Or is there a reason you think there should not be such an icon/link on the front page?

-Brendan